- Learn what’s been getting in the way of you finding love
- Clarify your values and what’s important to you in a partner
- Get out there and learn super tips on how to create a profile and work the apps so you attract the best possible candidates into your dating pipeline
- Learn how to be on a date. We’ll get insights from a psychologist and real couples on what attracted them to their partner on their first few dates
- How to manage the early stages of a relationship including some important advice on protecting your heart and becoming more resilient
- Get certainty on what makes someone a bad longterm match and when to let go
- Learn some insightful strategies for building successful longterm relationships
This course is suitable for:
Anyone who is serious about finding a longterm relationship. Do not join us if you’re looking to play the field, our strategies and insights won’t help you. This program is gender neutral and for any age or sexual orientation. All you need is an open heart and some determination.
You’ll access videos, exercises and other content set-out in modules for each of the 9 weeks. The videos are led by me and feature a range of experts including several of the characters from my book. There’s also a live Zoom meeting session with me every Tuesday from 7.30 - 8.30pm. On these calls, you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions, get feedback and learn from the rest of the group. We encourage you to participate as actively as you can, however there is no pressure to speak or even turn your camera on during sessions if you’re not comfortable to do so. Every Zoom group meeting will be recorded and shared with group members who weren’t able to attend.
Week 1: You
An honest look at why you haven’t found love yet
What do you need to address in yourself in order to become the one for someone else
Questioning your assumptions
Clarify what you value
Get in the mindset to find your life partner
Week 2: Who to be and what to look for
We talk to a leading academic about the three personality traits in people who tend to have successful longterm relationships
Why you’ve been attracting the wrong people
Examining your criteria in a mate
Becoming strong and vulnerable
Week 3: Let’s get out there!
Here we encourage you to set-up or work on your dating profile using evidence based advice for attracting the right kind of person
Learn what men and women look for in dating profiles (video content plus group discussion)
We’ll examine what’s best practice on Bumble, Hinge, RSVP and eHarmony. We’ll discuss the merits of each platform and you choose the best fit for you
You’ll have the opportunity to have your profile evaluated (if wanted)
How to scout and filter profiles
Messaging tactics for each platform
Week 4: From messaging to Zoom or calls
How to transition from messaging to calls or Zoom and what to do with matches who aren’t willing to speak
Example formats for calls. Red flag signs to watch out for as well as indications that this person is worth spending more time getting to know
Feedback on messages you’ve sent and received in the past week (if wanted)
How to transition from phone call / Zoom to in person date.
Week 5: The first date
Planning a date. What we know works.
Preparing for a first date. What is the experience for men and women?
How to be on a first date, what questions to ask, good discussion topics
The two things that get in the way of connection
Avoiding being friend-zoned
Week 6: Navigating the early stages of a relationship
- Dealing with rejection
- Rejecting others with compassion
- Managing your emotions
- Understanding different personality types so you can make an informed decision about a person
- How connections between two people form
- Building trust
- Red flags that mean you should move on
Week 7: Checking in on your progress
What have you learnt about yourself in this process so far?
How have your desires and expectations changed?
How are you feeling about your chances of finding love?
How to build resilience
Week 8: Sex and intimacy
How intimacy should build in a relationship
Understanding that shame that exists within ourselves or our potential partners
The big mistakes women and men make in transitioning from dating to intimacy
This module is taught with a leading Australian sex therapist
Week 9: Making relationships work
How to know this person is it
What falling in love should feel like
Things to look for in your mate at this stage in the relationship
What goes wrong as relationships develop
How to manage your early arguments
Building a shared future